Spain is known the world over for its food culture and heritage. Tapas restaurants have cropped up in every major city, but there’s nothing like having the authentic experience in the Catalán capital.
- Enjoy several tapas tastings at various restaurants – all included and carefully curated by your expert foodie guide.
- Savour an assortment of Spain's finest dishes, delicacies and flavours.
- Visit a traditional Spanish food market.
- See highlights of the Gothic Quarter, including the wide passenger walkway ‘La Rambla.’
- Eat where the locals eat and drink while experiencing authentic Spanish cuisine.
- Learn about Catalonian tradition and the history of the diverse food from each region.
If you are passionate about food and if sampling the best of local cuisine is your top priority when you are on holiday, then this tour is how you should spend your time. Let yourself loose in Barcelona’s best tapas restaurants as you authentically experience Spain’s varied and traditional cuisine.
Tapas refer to a variety of appetizers or snacks. Served cold (for example olives and cheese) or warm (for example battered, baby squid), tapas have evolved into an elaborate gastronomic event, with most regions in Spain showcasing the best of local ingredients with their own unique flavours and styles of cuisine – anything from exotically flavoured, spicy Moorish stews of the south, to fresh grilled seafood from the coastal areas of Spain. No trip to Spain would be authentic without days filled with tapas samplings.