- Discover Barcelona's Gothic Quarter on a guided walking tour.
- Hear about thousands of years of history, from the Romans to the middle ages and present day.
- Wander the twisting streets and quiet plazas of this charming neighborhood.
- Walk alongside one of the world's best-preserved sections of Roman wall.
- See medieval architecture like the Plaça del Rei and Barcelona Cathedral.
- Visit the Plaça de Sant Jaume, the political center for Catalonia.
- Check out iconic Barcelona landmarks like La Boqueria food market and Las Ramblas.
Follow your guide along the ancient streets, and discover the origins of Roman Barcelona, dating back more than 2,000 years. Imagine the Roman Forum in the current Plaça de Sant Jaume, which, even today, remains the political power of Catalonia. Walk along one of the world's best-preserved Roman walls, and imagine how even at that time thalassotherapy baths were taken at the Roman Baths of Pati Llimona in the eastern part of the wall. Admire the architecture and monumental buildings of the Gothic Quarter, including the 14th-century Plaça del Rei. Learn about the city's Christian side at the Barcelona Cathedral and Santa Maria del Mar, an outstanding example of Catalan Gothic architecture. Soak up the energy of the surrounding neighborhood, filled with bars, restaurants, and small boutiques. Walk along the lively Ramblas, and see street performers before continuing on to the famed Boqueria market for a glimpse at the gastronomic traditions of the Catalan people.